Guess what ... I made myself a brand new jewellery stand. I don't own a lot of ''bling-bling'', but that, that I have, I wear on everyday basis. I came to the conclusion that jewellery box isn't the best solution. I needed something to see my entire collection at once.
Here is my new ''do it yourself'' jewellery stand:
For those who are interested how it's made:
1) I cut the upper part of a plastic bottle and stuff the bottle with paper (to give it some weight). Then I sealed the hole with a duct tape.
2) I made holes in the bottle with a nail (not my finger nail!! - with an iron nail) and put wooden sticks in the holes.
3) Then I covered the whole surface with PVA glue and added some toillet paper on the glue.
4) When the glue dried I painted the whole thing with black acrylic color. After the first layer of color dried, I dipped a sponge into green acrylic color and tapped the surface (then repeated with grey color).
5) I sprayed some matte lacquer over the whole thing (for protection) and that's it! :D
This is what it looks like with my bling-bling:
Magic kitten releases it's powers. :)
Thanks for looking!