Yeah. Second semi-final is through and Slovenia didn't make it to the final. Shocker? Not really.
I made a list of the countries that (in my opinion) should have made it to finale. Countries in bold are the ones that actually made it (I made this list during the performances).
1. Lituahia (wearing those little, silver & blingy panties... worthy of finale)
2. Armenia (apricot stones, yeah... but I want to see those melons again in finale XD)
3. Denmark (boring, but good song)
4. Sweden (she's a blonde with a guitar, what more do you need)
5. Azerbaijan (wannabe Beyonce)
6. Ukraine (BEST song of this years Eurovision, IMO)
7. Romania (great high notes, gotta admit that; hey do I hear Poker Face in there?)
8. Georgia (great voice)
9. Croatia (one of them was really of key... but still)
10. Turkey (they call that ''hard'')
As you can see, I was wrong with three songs/countries. Instead of them Israel, Ireland and Cyprus made it to finale.
I couldn't believe it, but there was actually one song that was even worse than ours. The Netherlands song. Now, that's *bad*.
I won't talk about fashion, 'cause there wouldn't be much to talk about... But as we could see ''drapes skirts'' (as I call them) were really popular this year. We could see them on the contestants from Croatia, Azerbaijan, Denmark and Armenia.
We could see a lot of bare feet also (Armenia, Croatia, Georgia) - did recession kick in? XD
Here are the hosts of this year's Eurovision:
My immediate thoughts on the male host: Barney Stinson? (rijaH will get this one). XD
And another thing. Eurovision is a joke. No, I'm not talking about the show (at least not this time), I'm talking about the name. No, my dear reader, your knowledge of geography isn't that bad. There are really some countries that participate in Eurovision, but aren't a part of Europe. Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Israel are actually a part of Asia (at least they were when I was in high school). But it depends on who you ask, I guess. Maybe the Europe is expanding like universe. Who'd know. ;)
Yeah, I'm not gonna torture you anymore. Let's wrap it up, shall we. As I said, I root for Ukraine and a note: I genuinely dislike German song. It's annoying as hell (again - that's just my opinion, I'm sure a lot of you will like it).
Which one is your favorite?
Thanks for looking!