Wait... no, not that time... it's time to color my roots. *sigh*
Sometimes I get help from my sister or mother, but I don't want to torture them with my mane anymore. Normally I just color my roots and then comb the color through the rest of the hair and get that ombre effect we all like so much. ;)
I use Schwarzkopf Palette color all the time, it's my favorite (in shade 800 Dark Brown).
Now I'd like to know from all of you who color your hair at home: What's your hair coloring routine? Do you have any tips and/or tricks? Which dye do you use? Do you color your own hair or let someone else do it (excluding hairdressers)?
P.S.: Is it just me or do the hair dyes from the hair salons really wash out faster than the ones bought in stores?
EDIT: I asked all of you about your hair coloring routine and I forgot about mine. *face palm*
These are the tools I use along with my hair color in a box (which usually comes with a dye, gloves and hair conditioner). It's also a good idea to wear an old T-shirt while dyeing your mane, because those stains will not wash out.
This is how I do it. Step by step.
1) I brush my hair thoroughly and make sure it's tangle free.
2) I pull my hair back and spread a good amount of face cream all along my hair line. That will keep the dye from sticking to my skin.
3) I mix the dye and start coloring my hairline with a dye brush. I continue with coloring my roots by dividing my hair with the handle of the brush and spreading the dye on the roots. After I use up the dye, I massage the scalp to really cover all the roots.
4) I brush my hair with a comb. That way the color spreads along the length of the hair, leaving ends uncolored and creating the fading effect. I think there's nothing worse than hair ends that are darker than the roots. ;) Every once in a while (approx. once a year) I buy 2 boxes of hair color and dye my hair from roots to ends.
5) I gather my hair in a bun, clip it and leave the color on for 30 minutes.
6) When the time's up, I lean into the bath tub and wash off the color. I use shampoo (twice) and hair mask/conditioner.
I follow my usual hair care routine after that.
Thanks for looking!