I have a feedback for those of you who read my post on the Catrice Up in the Air nail polish. I picked it up once again and said: ''Can't we just get along?'' I added exactly three drops of Seche Restore to it and applied it to my nails. I used a thin first coat (brush strokes were somewhat visible) and a second quite thick coat. It worked! I'm not used to applying thick coats, but it worked. It dried in a reasonable amount of time and I think we'll be able to live together. It's not perfect, but neither am I.
catrice, up in the air, 2 coats
Let's move on to some of my favorite links from the last week.
* I don't know how this happened, but it got away last week, that's why I'm posting it now. Feline from Alizarine Claws posted about China Glaze It's Alive and I was blown away. She's the queen of green and this color looks perfect for her. I also strongly recommend you to read her interview with the founder of a England nail polish line Adina. You can find the interview HERE.
* Beauty's Bad Habit posted about the products she regrets buying. Maybe it will prevent you from doing the same ''mistake''.
* If you're a nail art enthusiast, then you really must check out The Nailasaurus. Her Snakeskin manicure is jaw-dropping.
* Illamasqua came to Croatia! It's not in Slovenia yet, but close enough. Beauty Addict was there and so was Alex Box. Oh, how I envy BA for seeing her live.
* Viola from Killer Colours will help you with the question: Is my skin cool or warm toned?
* Zindy made the most gorgeous cat drawing ever. Cat lovers will appreciate it.
* Last but not least, here's a post on bloggers and nail magazines by Mary from Body & Soul that really got me thinking. If you're a nail blogger, you really must read it. Let me know what you think of it in the comments, I'd love to know.
my father's prune tree
* I hit a million! Pageviews on my blog, that is. =D Thanks to all of you.
* You know about Murphy's law, right? Well, there I was, swatching my new polishes, admiring the jungle green on my nails when I found out I have to go to the town immediately. I had a couple of minutes to get ready and only four of my nails were painted. There was no time for me to paint the other 6 of them, so I took the polish of the four nails. But oh the horror! My nails were stained really badly - like smurf nails, just in green. I couldn't go anywhere like that, so I knew I had to put on something else. I grabbed ManGlaze Matte is Murder and slapped it on. One coat, more or less OK looking application, patchy and weird. Why does this always happen to me? If I ever meet any of my readers IRL, I'm gonna be so embarrassed ... *blushes*
* I watched a movie yesterday and it was Legen ... wait for it ... ds of the Fall. Legends of the Fall! ... It was OK. (Barney Stinson, How I Met Your Mother, Season 5, Episode 7) Brad Pitt was hot, but that was about it.
* I don't usually like fan made music videos, but this one was edited close to perfection. It's a mix of Tarja Turunen's (former Nightwish voice) song My Little Phoenix and video of Ukranian group Via Gra. Gorgeous!
Zorro, our little white chihuahua
Thanks for looking and commenting!