What's a BB cream?
- BB is an abbrevation for beblesh (blemish) balm.
- It was originally formulated in Germany and used by the laser surgery patients to protect and soothe their sensitive skin while providing light coverage.
- BB creams come in different formulations and have different properties (skin brightening, anti wrinkle, sun block, moisturizing, foundation...).
- BB creams have been named 'the secret of the Korean actresses'.
Skin79 Super Plus Beblesh Balm (hot pink) has a triple function:
* whitening (adenosine and arbutin)
* UV protecting (SPF25; UVA and UVB protection)
* wrinkles improvement (brighter and more elastic skin)
Ingredients: Water, Propylene Glycol, Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Titanium Dioxide, Isopropyl Palmitate, Talc, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Dipentaerythrityl Hexahydroxystearate/Hexastearate/Hexarosinate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Arbutin, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Zinc Oxide, Magnesium Sulfate, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Adenosine, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Madecassoside, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Nelumbo Nucifera Flower Water, Triclosan, Ceramide 3, Cholesterol, Lycium Chinense Fruit Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Extract, Cornus Officinalis Fruit Extract, Hedera Helix (Ivy) Extract, Schizandra Chinensis Fruit Extract, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Piper Methysticum Leaf/Root/Stem Extract, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trihydroxystearin, Glycosyl Trehalose, Aluminum Hydroxide, Aluminum Stearate, Hydrogenated Starch Hydrolysate, Methicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ubiquinone, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Phytic Acid, BHT, Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Iron Oxides.
What does this BB cream do?
- Osmopur ingredient (mix of sunflower, rice bran and ivy extracts) protects skin from various harmful conditions.
- Phyto Complex moisturizes and soothes skin.
- Excellent cover function.
- Corrects different skin tones naturally.
- Fine and soft texture is great for skin adhesion and sebum control.
- Makes your skin light, soft and dry all day, without it going gooey.
I used a very small amount of Hot Pink BB cream on the back of my hand for swatching purposes.
+ No troubles with finding the right shade for your skin tone.
+ Easy application.
+ Doesn't accent the pores.
+ Doesn't feel heavy on your skin. It actually feels nice.
+ Doesn't rub off as much as a regular foundation.
+ A little product goes a long way.
+ Buildable coverage and natural results.
+ Doesn't make my skin look oily after a couple of hours.
You know I don't use foundation a lot. I don't want to and to be honest, I don't think I need to. My skin isn't in such a bad condition I'd have to keep it covered at all times, but I do have coloration problems - redness caused by cold weather. I want a foundation that would give me light to medium coverage and would make my skin look better and not worse by sitting into my pores and making me look 10 years older. I've tried Vichy Aera Teint and Revlon ColorStay with SoftFlex foundations, but they can't compare to Skin79 Super Plus BB Cream. This one is so much easier to use. Application is a lot easier but the fact I don't have to search for the right shade is one of most important pros for me. This cream comes in a light neutral ashy tone, so I think you can't really go wrong if you're light to medium toned. In some way, this cream does look like a tinted moisturizer, but again - nothing I've tried so far. It does basically everything it promises. I love this product and I doubt I'll buy myself another foundation anytime soon. I highly recommend it!
Where to buy?
I got this BB cream on Ebay (well, of course) for ~15 USD for 40g.
Have you tried any BB cream yet? If so, what do you think about it?
Thanks for looking and commenting!