I first started using ayurvedic face cream back in 2007. My first one was Fair & Lovely fairness cream and I've been using it on and off ever since. It's the one cream I always go back to. Right now, I'm using three different ayurvedic face products. Let me introduce them one by one.
Fair & Lovely Ayurvedic Balance
for naturally fair skin
According to Ayurveda, your skin appears naturally fairer when in a state of balance. Fair & Lovely Balance is enriched with Lodhra and Manjistha in addition to Kumkumadi Tailam, a powerful concoction of 16 precious ayurvedic ingredients, known to help restore the natural balance of skin. This cream gives you:
* natural fairness
* balanced skin tone
* rejuvenated skin
INGREDIENTS: Water, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Octyl Methoxycinnamate, Glycerin, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Isopropyl Myristate, Potassium Hydroxide, Cetyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Rubia Cordifolia Extract, Titanium Dioxide, Aluminium Hydroxide, Zinc Oxide, Allantoin, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Wheat Germ Oil, Symplocos Racemosa Extract, Disodium EDTA, Propylparaben, Sesamum Indicum, Crocus Sativus Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra Extract, Milk, Santalum Album Extract, Vetivera Zizanioides Extract, Prunus Cerasoides Extract, Monochoria Vaginalis Extract, Ficus Benalensis Extract, Caesalpinia Sappan Extract, Lac, Nelumbo Nucifera Extract, BHT, Perfume, Cl 17200.
This is the cream I always go back to. It's just the best - my mother and sister have been using it since 2007 as well (combined with other creams). The results are shown in aprox. 4 weeks and it really does make my skin look much better: it's softer and looks more even. I buy my Fair & Lovely cream via mall.coimbatore.com. I've bought from them multiple times and never had a bad experience. They pack the creams very well and send them out really quickly.
About the Fair & Lovely Ayurvedic Balance cream:
* It has quite a strong scent, but I actually like it. I usually have a problem with strong scented face products, but not this one.
* It's interesting how this cream works - it's easy to spread it all over your face and massage it, but the moment it soaks in your skin becomes matte. I can't tell you, you really have to experience it for yourself. Ayurvedic Balance is actually a very good mattifying cream - it makes your skin looks matte without drying it out.
* Although the cream doesn't give you a 'greasy' look, it does nourish the skin and moisturizes it. You might experience some dry patches in the first weeks of use (like I did), but that went away and I think it was a part of skin rejuvenating process.
* Fair & Lovely Ayurvedic Balance cream offers UVA and UVB protection.
* This cream does contain some ingredients that can cause irritation and some ingredients that are comedogenic, but I've NEVER had any bad experience with it.
I simply can't tell you how much I love this cream. I must always have a spare tube of it. I do use other creams as well, but as I already said - this is the one I always turn back to. I strongly recommend you to try it.
Fair & Lovely website
Himalaya Herbals Nourishing Skin Cream
Himalaya Herbals is a range of natural, effective and safe products that use special herbs carefully selected from nature. Combining the best of Ayurveda with years of scientific research, these products effectively restore your skin's natural health and vitality.
A light and non-greasy daily use cream, to keep skin healthy and supple. Aloe Vera nourishes and moisturizes, while Winter Cherry and Indian Kino Tree protect the skin from pollution and dry weather.
Key Ingredients: Indian Aloe, Indian Kino Tree, Winter Cherry, Gotu-Kola.
INGREDIENTS: Aqua, Mineral Oil, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Cetearyl Alcohol, Triethanolamine, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Pterocarpus Marsupium Bark Extract, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Carbomer, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Withania Somnifera Root Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT, Disodium EDTA.
I bought my jar of Himalaya Herbals Nourishing Skin Cream in my local Müller store. It was €1.39 for 50 mL (1.8 fl oz). I haven't been using this one long enough to give you a review on how it's working out, but I do like it so far. It makes my skin soft and moisturizes it. I use this one in the evening and the Fair & Lovely one at the morning. This cream also contains some ingredients that can cause irritation and some that are comedogenic. I'll let you know if anything weird starts going on with my skin.
Himalaya Herbals website
Himalaya Herbals Under Eye Cream
Himalaya Under Eye Cream contains proven and safe blend of herbs specially created to care for the delicate area around your eyes.
* breakthrough herbal actives of Cipadessa baccifera and Bergenia ligulata
* reduces appearance of dark circles & protects the sensitive area under eyes from sunlight
* detoxifies and intensely moisturizes the under eye area and smoothens wrinkles and fine lines
* regular usage helps prevent new wrinkle formation
INGREDIENTS: Aqua, Propylene Glycol, Mineral Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Paraffin, Cetyl Alcohol, Steareth 2, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Steareth 21, Petrolatum, Cetearyl Alcohol, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Xanthan Gum, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Bergenia Ligulata Root Extract, Cipadessa Baccifera Extract, Triticum Vulgare Germ Oil, Propylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Imidazolidinyl Urea.
I have a serious case of dark under eye circles. That's why I bought this cream - it promises 80% reduction of dark circles in 4 weeks. I've been using it for only a couple of days, so I'll have to wait and give you an update on it's effectiveness some other time. I purchased this one via Ebay (they don't hold this cream in Müller) for $6.80 (free shipping).
As I already said, I can only recommend one of these creams - the Fair & Lovely Ayurvedic Balance one. I'll have to test the other two some more before I can give you relevant info on their effects.
Have you ever tried any ayurvedic face care products?
Thanks for looking and commenting!