I hope you didn't forget about my 'manicure 101 how to' posts. I've tried to make a newspaper manicure a couple of times before and never really succeeded until I tried it this way. I guess I had the wrong type of alcohol. Here's how you can achieve a simple yet interesting newspaper nails.
Things you'll need:
* nail polish in light shade
* rubbing alcohol (you can also use vodka or schnapps like I did)
* top coat
1) Paint your nails and wait until they're dry. Cut up the newspaper into small pieces. Dip one piece of paper in alcohol for a couple of seconds.
2) Put the same piece of paper soaked in alcohol on one of your nails. Press it gently and hold it for another couple of seconds.
3) Remove the newspaper from your nail slowly and carefully.
4) Repeat on all nails. You can see what happens when you hold the paper onto your nails for too long. I managed to get some paper on my nails along with the print. But that's nothing a good top coat won't take care of.
5) Add top coat and you're done.
Have you tried the newspaper technique yet? What do you think of it?
Thanks for looking and commenting!