It's been a while, huh? I've been sick again (my sinuses are killing me) ... and I spent most of the time in bed, watching some of the new movies and TV shows. My creativity got lost again. One small drawing a day (the rule I had in my head) didn't work out, but I knew that from the beggining. I'm the one who starts things without finishing them. Guilty.
I did buy myself a calligraphy pen - Pilot Parallel Pen with 3.8 mm and 1.5 mm nib - so there was some 'creativity'... I'm not really good at this. And instead of trying and practicing, I'm probably just gonna give up.
It feels like I've drawn this frog ages ago. I usually limit myself by using only one medium for a drawing. This time, I used so many different ones, I can't even list them all: markers, watercolor pencils, colored pencils, ink, pastels, gel pen... Pretty much anything I could see in my sight.
Movies! I watched the Oscars although I haven't seen the movies at the time (with the exception of Gravity and American Hustle - which were the worst two in the bunch, IMO).
- I always thought Matthew McConaughey was such a douche and his Oscar acceptance speech didn't do him any favor. But then I saw Dallas Buyers Club and was left speechless by his performance. I loved him so much, I actually IMDb-ed his ass and checked out his newest show True Detective and movie Killer Joe. Loved, loved, loved (!!!) his role in Killer Joe. My new movie crush.
- Cate Blanchett was the most beautiful creature on the red carpet at the Oscars and her performance in Blue Jasmine was outstanding, while the movie wasn't anything too special in my eyes.
- Jennifer Lawrence rocks! That's all.
- Poor Leo! I really enjoyed him in The Wolf of Wall Street. The movie is basically Catch Me If You Can with hookers and drugs. =)
- Great movie and my second new movie crush in the form of Michael Fassbender. Damn! Those eyes...
True Detective is too much awesome to handle. The main reason I wanted to see it was Woody, but then Matthew in the role of detective Rust took my breath away. Macabre, but somehow sensual. Makes me really think and question my exsistence. I highly recommend it!
I also started watching The Walking Dead. I'm in the middle of season 2 at the moment and I already hate pretty much all of the characters. Except for Daryl (duh!). It's still a very entertaining series though. And not only when you watch it - the best are the dreams you get after watching The Walking Dead right before you go to sleep. I killed plenty of zombies that night. ;)
A photo of me and my little swatch-helper. I swear Aishila is the most adorable little creature under the sun.
Posts of the week(s):
Spektor from Spektor's Nails did an amazing Waterspotted Chameleon manicure with Dance Legend's Wazowski duochrome. I love it!
Long, perfect and polished: Nailbamboo's nails. The first time with Dance Legend Strutter and the second time with China Glaze Fancy Pants.
Another perfection under another name. Anna Gorelova posted swatches of my piCture pOlish Freya's Cats and I adore them. Her post on a England Ballerina Collection is full of gorgeous delicate photos and it isn't hard to believe she got her own nail polish collection - Anna Gorelova by Dance Legend. I'm gonna pretend those owls on the bottles are actually cats.
Back in my purple nail polish craze, I would go crazy about this polish. Now, I can refrain, but I still have to admit it's pretty darn gorgeous. Cirque Coronation by Fashion Polish.
Another view on piCture pOlish Freya's Cats. This time by Walerica.
Music of the week(s):
Thanks for looking and commenting!